High Beams

I have 1884 4 Runner, my low beams work fine but when i pull the lever for high beam i have no lights. I can hear a click under the hood where the fuses are and i even changed the fuse. I change the light blubs still no high beams. I still get a blue light on the dash board. Q. Will have to buy a whole new control swicth or can i fix it?

Q. Does anyone know where there is a salvage yard that will pull it and mail me a used part?

At Toyota they want $230.00 and they say it might not even fix the problem!

Msmith

from NC

Reply to
Msmith833

There should be a plug in relay (the click you hear). It most likely has burned contacts. There should be a couple that look the same -- you can swap them around. Fact that the hi-beam indicator comes on makes me think the switch is ok. You haven't swapped the headlights for the hi wattage ones? or a prior owner? They need new wiring or the OEM wiring will burn out. PO may have done and added his own wiring and added relays.

Reply to
Wolfgang

i don't know how to solve your problem, but if you do need a new relay or something like that, check out

they're located in denver, but will ship stuff to you.

mike

Reply to
Mike Deskevich

Quick test, pull back on the high beam stalk (i.e. Flash mode) do you get both beams on? If so, simple and free fix:

Roger Brown