Highlander Brake Pads

I have 60,000 miles on my 2002 Highlander 2x2. I need to replace my brake pads fairly soon.

I notice some places are selling ceramic pads. Are they any good? Or should I stay with metallic/semi metallic pads?

Any recommedations? NAPA/Auto Zone/Discount Auto Parts?

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Nick

Reply to
nobody

OH MY ___, YES, the ceramic pads are the greatest since sliced bread. I can tow my trailer DOWN the mountain and NOT lose my breaking pressure. They are sure stopping power in any weather. I have them on both my vehicles and will NEVER go back to regular pads again.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

I have to wonder IF your Highlander has ceramic pads. The guy at the parts counter told my that my daughter's '02 PreRunner had ceramic pads as factory equipment.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Stick with OEM pads unless you can put up with squeaks and squeals when you brake!

Reply to
Wolfgang