Highlander Rain Water in Door?

I have a fairly new Highlander that I bought recently. I notice now that every time I open any of the 4 doors after a heavy rain, there is a good 1/4 cup of water that flows to my driveway. Normally, I would just have called this water runoff, but the water seems to be coming from the little holes which are IN the door (hole between the layers of sheet metal that are in the door).

Has anyone noticed water coming from these holes? Is this expected or is there a flaw with my weather-stripping? I guess, I am curious about what would happen if the car were parked for a long time in heavy rains or if a particular door were not opened for a long time. Would the water just build up inside the door and lead to rusting?

I am trying to decide if I need warranty service. Thanks in advance.

I have noticed water exiting from the drain holes plugs when I open the doors after I wash my 2001 Highlander. This I believe is caused by the slop of the driveway on which the car is parked.

If you have a steep driveway, water may not be finding its way to the drain holes until you are on level ground.

The Duke

Reply to
The Duke