Holley Carby noise

I have just installed a Holley 350 carbie (61 main jets, 8.5 power valve) to my 1989 3F petrol Toyota Landcruiser to try and improve economy more than power. I have a few issues, when the engine has reached operating temperature there is a whistle from the carbie which I believe is coming from the butterfly's as soon as some load is applied to the engine it goes away. When it is cold there is no noise at all. Any ideas on how to fix this?? The economy is still no better than the old carbie, any suggestions on what I can do to improve this, i.e. jet sizes, power valve size etc etc.

Alan

change at to @

Reply to
Alan

Play with the idle speed to try to get the butterfly valve either before or after the point that it wants to whistle?

butterfly's

Reply to
Bard

Holley has a website which has a lot of useful info about tuning their carbs.

max-income

Reply to
max-income

You forgot to post the addy for the place that makes the carbys (carbies)... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

max-income