Hood release doesn't

The hood release handle in the cabin moves easily when pulled (~2") but doesn't do anything up front. If the cable parted I would expect it to come right out of the dash in my hand; it does not.

I suspect the mechanism under the hood is seized up so I liberally squirted WD-40 as best I could through the grill. If this doesn't do the trick, any suggestions or experience in this matter.

TIA.

Reply to
Kai S.

Overnight the wonder juice did the trick. I guess regular and generous lubing is in order.

And unless nobody has posted anything to this group since my OP last night, my reader is misbehaving 'cause I don't see any new posts.

Reply to
Kai S.