how do i remove third brake light on 99 tacoma

i want to remove the brake light assembly on 99 tacoma in order to install a roof mounted antenna without having to take whole headliner out. is this possible by removing the 3rd brake light assembly and then installing antenna, and replacing brake light?

how do i remove the brake light?

Reply to
SAH

I'd start by taking out the screws ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You might want to check to see if removing the 3rd brake light will have a bad effect on your Tacoma's computer when it looks for all three brake lights.

Reply to
Skip

He said he only wanted to take the light out long enough to work behind it, then he'll be putting it back in.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

We did the same thing to my son 99. You have to pull the headliner down inside the cab. The lamp base has studs on it and uses nuts on the inside. Good luck Scott

Reply to
zonie