how to convert a carb 22r to an efi 22re

i know a bit about this alredy and know it is some times "hot butin" but how can i tell what parts i will need and what i wont. ie the hole head or just the manifold, new cam or not? and is it realy nesisary for all of the ecu's sencers to be conected?

Reply to
porter_pody_69

Man its a real job - ECU plus all the wiring and even the gas tank and fuel pum and gas lines! The sensors are what makes it run smoother, have more HP and get better gas mileage. Here's write up on it:

Wolfgang

You're looking at re-engineering the truck. As that excellent article makes clear, it not just new hardware. There's the computer, the wiring, the fuel tank, the fuel lines, timing etc. etc. My 87 22R had a gummed up carb from sitting a long time. I couldn't get it to idle right. I finally put a Weber on it. It's not a perfect match but it works. I wouldn't dream of going to fuel injection. I've got better things to do with the next few years. Good luck. You'll need plenty of it. Al

Reply to
al

how much was that webe? and any HP gane?

Reply to
porter_pody_69

Try this link:

is for a DIY fuel injection that will fit virtually any engine.It's also the cheapest way to go unless you get someone to give youall the stuff from a 22RE truck.ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Dude, use a spell checker or at least try a little harder. Weber was spelt in the post you replied to.

wrote

Reply to
jp2express

I paid a little over $200 some five or more years ago. The only one I could find was intended for a 1984 or earlier so it isn't an exact fit. I believe that results in the power being about the same or even a bit less than stock. It smooth though and just won't stall. All told, I'm OK with it.

Reply to
al