How to: painting or chroming alloy rims??

I have the stock 15" alloy wheels on my '89 4Runner. I want to find a way to give them a very sharp black finish. I have looked around and haven't found any black painted or chrome rims for sale. Can I prep and paint them myself? Is it expensive to have a pro finish done? Thanks in advance. michael j.

Reply to
mj99a

Why not try powder coating? I had some 15" steel rims done recently for about $35 each. Came out great.

Reply to
Steve