How to replace side brake light bulb in '96 Previa

I'm trying to replace the left-side stop light (brake light) bulb in my '96 Toyota Previa. I've gotten the two screws off of the left-side unit, and I undestand from the manual that the next step is to pull the whole unit backwards, but it won't budge.

I understand from the Chilton's that it is "tough" to pull it out because there are two clips holding it on. But I can't get enough leverage to really pull it hard. There is no good place to grab it.

I've tried digging my fingertips around the front edge, but still wasn't able to budge it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Lovern

It should pull out straight. You can try to wiggle it slightly right to left and back, while pulling back.

You can try to used a large flat screwdriver with masking take wrapped on the tip or a rag and try to pry it out from the side.

Reply to
Rastamon