howto replace front parking/marker lite for 94 pickup?

Hi folks -

The right front marker light on my '94 pickup is burned out and i'm finding myself challenged as to how to replace. The two obvious screws loosen the entire housing for the unit, but it seems to be still attached to the front grill. The lens doesn't wont to separate from the housing. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

- jim

Reply to
JeB

pull towards you as hard as you can.... there are 2 pins holding it in... they look like

pin hole

| |

:::::::() ( )

it should pop out.... dont worry it wont break

JeB wrote:

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

The pins are holding the lens to the housing or the housing to the truck body or front grill?

Reply to
JeB

the pins are linked to the front grille. I would get something like a plastic wedge or something and put it between the lamp and the grille and slowly wedge it apart. Once you get it apart enough so that you can get your fingertips in, then use your hands to pop it open. Remember to go slowly with this, the lens is pretty easy to break. Hope that helps some.

Reply to
yippie

the pins are linked to the front grille or at least I think I remember they were linked to the front grille. Regardless though I would get something like a plastic wedge or something and put it between the lamp and the grille and slowly wedge it apart. Once you get it apart enough so that you can get your fingertips in, then use your hands to pop it open. Remember to go slowly with this, the lens is pretty easy to break. Hope that helps some.

Reply to
yippie

its all metal.... just pull until they pop out of the grill its really simple and nothing is gonna break i just yanked the shit outta mine and there fine

yippie wrote:

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

First off.... everything is NOT metal.... The pins themselves are metal, so you don't have to worry about actually breaking the pins... but everything around the pins are chrome plated plastic... it's not hard to break either the grill of the corner light plastic base.... the pins are built into the base of the corner light, and the pins slip into the grill.... you could even use a slotted screwdriver to "gently" pry it off, even though the pins are brass, they are know to corode to a certain extent and can be in there if they havn't been removed since 1994.... Ian

Reply to
EasyE

Ok ... thanx to all for the replies. I'll go give it a tug. The lens seems to have been peppered with a bunch of rock or something and has a bunch of small cracks so I'm a bit nervous about this but I do need to replace the light.

- jb

Reply to
JeB