I need a trailer htich

I need a Class II receiver hitch for my 1981 Toyota 4WD truck.

Is there such an animal? I have been looking all over the web, calling all over SoCal, and cannot find one.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
SHRED

Either get a step bumper(class 2) from a wrecking yard, or a receiver hitch(class 3) from U-Haul

Reply to
Noon-Air

Why pay list plus 25% from U-Ballit?

Find a trailer supply house and get a Drawtite, Reese or equivalent - even order on line!

I use the Drawtite Class III for my tacoma - front & back - excellent support and very easy to install.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:54:10 -0600, "Noon-Air" found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Any particular reason it /has/ to be a Class II with the smaller square or round receiver? The only real difference between a Class II and III/V is the receiver tube size and the weight of construction.

If you are trying to match the drawbar of something you already own, they can modify the drawbar to a standard 2" square Class III size. Or build you a little adapter that slides in the III hitch with a II hole.

That said, call Eckhart Hitch and Welding (Reseda, Oxnard, T-Oaks, West LA, and a few more) they build the hitches and drawbars custom from raw tubing, and can easily make anything you need fast and reasonable. And they really tuck up tight against the bottom of the car, where the "factory built" hitches hang down two to four inches lower and drag on every driveway. I've been using them for decades.

Even if the truck is only rated for a Class II load, you can still install and use a Class III hitch - just don't try to tow the Queen Mary, and you'll be fine.

And if you do have to bust the limits to get something huge home, that's the trip you take surface streets and go real slow and easy.

-->--

PS: You do know the 'Sacrificial Nut over the exposed threads on the hitch ball' trick, right? When the ball threads drag on driveways you ruin the $20 ball, When the nut drags you wear down the 25-cent nut. Just change the nut before it wears down to the end of the ball stud.

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

You might also check TAP in Rancho Cordova. They are a large wrecking yard specializing in Toyota. I've bought a couple of builders from them. Also bought a hitch there a while back. They gave me a very fair deal.

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba