Import Double Din CD/TV/SAT NAV Unit

Hi fellas and "Guru's of all things toyota" Recently aquired a Jap Import 94 3.0L Diesel Auto Surf It has a Double din tv-sat nav-cassette-radio ....nice looking unit.. can it be converted to be used in the UK ...i'm particularly interested in the sat nav.. can this be reprogrammed? Also its running on full size offroad tyres ..any idea what pressure they should be run at on the road to give a comfortable ride.

many thanks Tim (fatjap44)

Reply to
Tim Dent

Yeap, buy a band expander to get your local frequencies

...i'm particularly interested in the

What size do you call 'full'? What driving do you do and what load do you carry?

Reply to
Scotty

Scotty mentions something about a "Band Expander" - But I thought he bands were the same, and the difference is the channel spacing on MW/AM and FM bands. But I've been wrong before.

I can't see why not - the problem is getting a new CD or DVD with the proper map database on it, for less than a king's ransom. Toyota usually wants several hundred dollars for one - ouch!

Higher than you'd guess - Standard answer, go to your local tire shop and have them look up the Load/Inflation Chart for that exact brand, model, size and load range (ply rating) tire. Stop by a truck scale to get axle weights, divide by two to get wheel weights, and the chart says what the pressure should be.

When off road, you can take the tires down to 10 PSI for soft sand or mud conditions, and you can go as low as 5 PSI if you are in real trouble and are willing to risk popping a bead off the rim. (No, I'm not going to go looking for the PSI/BAR/KPa conversion.)

But air the tires back up as soon as you get back to paved roads, or you'll wear them down in a hurry.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

A band expander just adds 10 meg to yoru tuner input. so what says 90.1 on your dial actually is receiving 100.1 Used them heaps in NZ for Japanese imports to receive NZ frequencies.

Reply to
Scotty

Hell, they know where all the band limits and channel spacings are worldwide - Why can't they just make the radios changeable? Then they only have to make ONE model (for that feature set) on one assembly line, and they can ship it anywhere.

Just like setting the clock, you have a little 'Reset Button' hole on the faceplate, use the channel knob and the and the display steps through country or region codes. USA, JPN, AUS, GB...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Exactly, buuuut if they did that they couldnt sell 50 different variants of each model eh.

They arent there to make it easy for you.

Japan has 9Khz am stepping and 79.0 to 90.0 for FM, Australia has 9Khz AM and 89.0 to 108 FM, USA has 10Khz stepping and 89 to 108 FM

Reply to
Scotty