Important Tacoma V6 Owners!

Hi, If you have a 2000-2003 V6 Tacoma and you are having intermittent starting problems please contact me ASAP! If the problem is that when the vehicle is cold/warm it is stall on start, and will require multiple cranking then we have the same problem. At present, I know of about 10 other owners that have the same problem. If you tried to take it with your dealer - you probably got the "cannot duplicate" nonsense. I hired an attorney and need to get a group of people with the same problem. All I need from you is a statement you have the problem. If we approach Toyota as a group - they won't blow us off and will be forced to find the problem and correct it!!! Please contact me directly at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com for more information. Please do not hesitate! All I need from you to get this going is some information - I will do all the work, which everyone will benefit from! Thanks!

Reply to
John Smith

You might take a look at the circuit opening relay. It controls the fuel pump and is triggered by the air flow meter (for normal running) and by the ignition switch for starting (via a secondary coil). The secondary coils seem to be weak and have trouble closing the relay for starting. I helped a Taco owner work through this very problem, a new relay cured it. I have the same issue on my '85/22RE, but it was easy to bypass the start function:

the later trucks don't have the handy "test jumper" like theearlier ones do.

When the secondary coil goes out, you need to get enough air flowing through the engine (i.e. lots of cranking with the starter) to trip the air flow meter fuel pump contact.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Roger, When you say "test jumper", are you referring to the diagnostic block on the RF inner fender (that's where mine is on my '90 4Runner)? If it is, it sucks to hear that Toyota doesn't provide this anymore.

Mike

and is triggered by the air flow meter (for normal running) and by the ignition switch for starting (via a secondary coil). The secondary coils seem to be weak and have

this very problem, a new relay cured it. I have the same issue on my '85/22RE, but it was easy to bypass the start function:

the engine (i.e. lots of cranking with the starter) to trip the air flow meter fuel pump contact.

Reply to
mazdaman85