increase cell phone signal?

Really do not know were to go for help on this, thought I would try here, there seems to be some pretty sharp minds in here.

Okay I have a Nokia digital/analog phone mounted in a hands free kit with an external antenna mounted on my back window of my Tacoma.

I check with various of local "experts" and they said that the tint does impede the antenna in any way. Which I agree with this because when the phone is not in the cradle I will have four bars showing on the signal meter on the phone when I put the phone into the cradle the signal meter goes to five bars. Okay so I know my external antenna works a little. Is the a way I can amplify the signal. I have heard of a product called a cb booster but I do not think that product will apply.

I have also seen where someone hooked a 50 watt car stereo amplifier to the cell phone but that was on a older analog only bag phone.

I know someone has gone way into BFE and went to use their cell phone and thought you know I will...... to fix this problem

Reply to
wilson

sure, get yourself a real Ghz radio amp (one for your cell phone band) from one of those online ham radio places. since most digital phones use a form of FDM (frequency division multiplexing) it may be hard to amplify the signal coming back to your phone.

if you need a amp just for low signal areas, get yourself a 802.11b yagi or dish antenna, they provide 2-way passive directional gain from 12dbm to

20+dbm

a 2lb coffe can gets you about +10dbm

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Nope... 27mhz vs 900mhz. Toastie.

As we used to say in the CB world... believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. The only way that an audio amplifier will work on a cell phone is to amplify the audio output of the speaker. Again... cellphone = 900mhz (some are 2.4ghz), CB=27mhz, audio=20hz to

20khz.

Check your cellphone maker's web site. You can get amplified car kits for some phones for about $200 or more that will bring the 300mw output up to the full legal 5w like the old car-only units.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer