Intermetent Tachometer

I have a 1989 Toyota 4X4 v6 extracab, and I have my tachometer and temperature gauges acting weird - they would work and then shut down intermittently, while all other gauges would work fine. I am very concerned, especially for my temperature, for instance, when it shuts down, the needle would shoot all the way to the red line.

Does anyone have similar problems? How did you resolve these?

Thank you!!!

Konrad

Reply to
Ayuda Network

I have the exact same problem on my '84 Toyota 4x4 22R extracab. The problem goes away after driving for about 10 minutes and everything acts normal.Seems like this occurs when the truck sets up for a few days(outside).

If I run my truck everyday then it doesn't act up. I believe moisture could be my problem. I removed the dash and checked all of the connections and everything is fine.

Nick

Ayuda Network wrote:

Reply to
Nick Funk