intermitant starting problem.

88 Pickup 22RE 130K

My truck will be fine for weeks and then, Wham, it won't turn start. You can turn the key and you get idiot lights and the buzzer and that's it.

I had a new starter and I was told that the battery is seven but checks out fine. The ignition switch is worn but my mechanic said that wasn't the problem. (Is he right?)

I don't think that he put any time into it when I took it to him the last time. the fact that it doesn't start probably means that he misdiagnosed the starter the last time.

Yesterday it started to turn over and quit before it started. when I tried again, same problem without the buzzer. I could hear what I think is the fuel pump and a clicking coming from a small silver box on the fender that says "starter" something.

The truck seems to be running great otherwise. I don't want to have to get rid of it yet.

thanks in advance.

Reply to
j.carlson1