Just got my recall notice

Replacement of the Steering Relay Rod on 2wd and 4wd 1990-1995 4Runners.

"If the steering wheel is repeatedly turned under certain conditions where high steering effor is required, for instance when fully turning the wheel while the vehicle is stopped, a fatigue crack may develop in the Steering Relay Rod. In the worst case, the steering relay rod may fracture, causing a loss of vehicle steering control and thus increasing the possibility of a crash."

Reply to
grinder

Took mine in yesterday, about 1 hour I was on my way.

Rambler

Reply to
Rambler

We received our recall today also. I had called Toyota corporate one month ago and had been told our 89 4x4 was not eligible. Go figure?

Reply to
Keyser Soze

1 Hour!! Didnt they do a wheel alignment as well?
Reply to
Scotty

Had my own 91 in last month for the head gasket and steering relay. Yay the steering wheel's straight now, I can read the gas guage!

-dru

Reply to
DruG

I got the recall notice for my 1989 4x4 and the local dealer fixed it earlier this week.

Reply to
Bob L