K&N filters

anyone have links to real dirt tests regarding K&N filters. from all of my readings, if properly oiled, a K&N filter is less restrictive than a "oem" filter and traps same or more dirt. i see lots of postings about K&N filters letting in more dirt.

thanks.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Save your money and replace your filter more often.

Reply to
Dan G

i use k&n and i clean & re-oil it often...

Reply to
Kryptoknight

You definately save your money with a K&N. I used one on my 3.0 V6 for over 110k miles. At a total investment of roughly $60 including the cleaning supplies, I probably saved hundreds of dollars. I recently replaced it with a K&N FIPK. I also K&N's on my atvs all with good results.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:35:59 -0700, "Dan G" went like:

Reply to
feck

ditto. We check ours often and re-oil when needed. It's extremely dusty and dry here except for a few months of the year. Our MPG is better than with the paper filters also. I have documented every fill up since we purchased the truck, so it isn't just perception. No maintenance issues as a result of using K&N (no maintenance issues at all, actually... 4 years of good luck with this thing, and I was so worried buying used...) Dee

Reply to
Pookerz