Lighter socket

I own a 93 corolla whose cigarette lighter is not working. Infact this was working till yesterday when I used the cellphone charger and pulled it back.

The ring/hollow cylinder like thing came off with the charger. Now I am not able to use the charger as the power chord is not connected.

Anyone has any insight on how to repair it?

Thanks in advance,

-Harish

Reply to
harishmukundan

On 9 Sep 2006 00:28:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com found these unused words floating about:

At that age, 'replace' would be a better query.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

From your description it is not clear what broke - the lighter socket, the lighter element, or the plug end of the cellphone charger.

If it was the removable cigarette lighter element or the cell charger that broke, there are replacements readily available for both.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:04:15 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman found these unused words floating about:

From his description, I think it was the shell (ground) ring that slipped out.

Again, for that age, I'd replace the whole socket assembly!

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Nothing is broken here. The ring like thing of the socket has come off. I dont know how to replace it though.

Thanks for the earlier replies.

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Reply to
harishmukundan