Locating Fuel Filter

Can anybody tell me where the fuel filter would be located on my 1982 pickup? On my 1977, it was located on the passenger side fender. My

1982 has a long cylindrical item over there with two hoses attached, is this it?

Thanks

PS The 1977 used an electric fuel pump, the 82 has a mechanical.

Reply to
Chas

Should be clipped to the frame near the gas tank. Just in front of the passenger side rear wheel well.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks, I'll look. But maybe you could help me with my other problem.

I doubt my choke is working. It does start right up, but it idles rough/won't idle until its warmed up, then it seems like its idling a bit fast. I have two plates visible in my carb. The one on the passenger side is always open, the one on the drivers side is always closed. No matter if its warm, cold, or indifferent, they are always like that. Can somebody help me with what to look for?

1982 toyota pickup 22R Federal, 2WD Short Bed, RN34
Reply to
Chas

Sounds like the choke linkage is screwed. I don't know exactly how to fix it, but I had the carb fixed on my '86 toy truck because it was doing the same thing.

It was a simple job for an experienced mechanic.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler