Locking Gas Cap for 03 Tundra

As you know Toyota deleted the locking gas door and gas cap from the 03 Tundra SR5 4x2 V8 Access Cab. I've searched past posts in this newsgroup and someone mentioned the Stant 11506 locking gas cap as a replacement for the OEM non-locking cap. I've looked all over the internet and can't find the Stant 11506.

Q1) For those who have the Stant 11506 locking gas cap, where did you get it? Q2) Are there any other locking gas caps that are compatible with the '03 Tundra?

Thanks for your help, Chuck

Reply to
cbs978

check rockauto.com

they have a great parts database.

Reply to
saeros

Advance Auto parts keeps the 11506 in stock. They are a fairly new franchise in my area, so not sure if they are where you live. AutoZone can get it if they don't stock it (which they should since it fits a fairly large number of GM models).

This is the only gas cap that I'm aware of that works. Be wary of any others as they can cause your check engine light to show. A year ago I was conversing with a Stant PIO and he told me that they were developing a cap for the Tundra's and should be available "soon". I told him that they could save a lot of R&D money by just using the 11506, as it works perfectly. I've had it on my truck for over a year now and about 15,000 miles.

Good Luck.

P.S. if you completely strike out, I'd be willing to buy the cap here and ship it to ya.

Reply to
J. Slater

Reply to
cbs978