Love/Hate New Tundra

What I love about my new 2005 Double cab 4x2 Tundra: Pretty much everything -- the ride, the bed, the handling, nice autoumatic airbag disabling for the passenger, limited slip rear end is ok . . .did fair in the snow

What I hate (annoying, really): The seats: I'm looking at spending $200-300 to spruce them up. They're hard with no adjustment, no support.

That rev/slip in the transmission at startup.

Can't turn the heat off. With the fan off, heat still comes out-have to switch it to cool.

Very little storage in cabin, but I can live with it.

Stereo-too much bass

Looked long and hard at the F-150-- maybe should have looked at the Nissan Titan . . .Naw, I'm still happy.

Reply to
TIM HARRIS

That rev/slip in the transmission at startup>>> torque converter draining down, had a vehicle that did that and the dealer replaced the transmission, still did it, checked other new trucks on the lot they all did it.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

What is the auto airbag disabling? Mine has a key switch (however my ignition key didn't work - I have to dig out the manual and read that part).

I have an '05 SR5 Access Cab with the 60/40 bench seat. What I don't like is the the sesnsation something inside the seat back moves/slaps at stop signs. Esepecially if you're driving surface streets with 10 stop signs/lights, the stop and go action is felt in the seat back on about half of the stops.

I assume you mean when the truck is in motion. Yes, whatever the temp dial is set at is what you get while in motion - it acts like a vent function. If I have the fan off and don't want any air of any temp coming into the cab I switch the RECIRC button on.

Agree - some big trays under the front seats would be nice, along with deeper wells under the back seats.

I looked at the Titans too, but I kept reading about inconsistent build quality and decided against it.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

I have the same seat 'movment' on my '03

Best regards,

Rich

RG

The movement of the truck through the air is pushing air through the heating system. Switch the air to recirculate and it'll stop.

Consider adding a Hellwig rear antisway bar if you don't have the stock rear bar. I feel it is the best improvement for the money.

Ken

TIM HARRIS wrote:

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I owned a Nissan truck once. "Once" is the key word.

Reply to
Brian

Make sure your vents are closed.

Reply to
Skip

Same here. A 1996 King cab. In 1996, I assumed Nissan and Toyota were very similar. Boy, was I wrong.

I just bought Toyota #3.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y