Lubricaton for squeaky clutch pedal

I've got a squeaky clutch pedal that still squeaks regardless of what lubrication I use on it. From what I'm seeing its where the spring meets the arm of the pedal (not from the cylynder behind it). I've used every lubricant under the sun (teflon based (white lightning), silicon based, as well as the generic stuff (but not WD-40). Whatever I use, the squeak is silenced for a week or two but then it returns. ANy thoughts? What does toyota spec for this area?

Reply to
Swissguy

Im assuming you have a 4runner or tacoma. We see those all the time, and it boils down to replacing the rubber & plastic bushings that ride on the spring. There are 5 of them, I think, and it involves removing the clutch pedal assembly to do it. It's not terribly difficult, and you can get those bushings at your local dealer.

Qslim