"MAINT REQ" blinks on my dash for 10-15 seconds after starting my Tundra 2006

Why does my dash blink "MAINT REQ" for 10-15 seconds when I start my

2006 Tundra? It has 4500 miles on it. Do I have to buy a reading device to pull codes? I prefer to do my own regular maintenance and any repairs I can handle.
Reply to
Phisherman

The method to clear the lamp is clearly described in the manual. The odometer button is involved. I'd tell it to you, but I always forget the exact details and have to look it up myself.

It starts flashing every 4500, and stays on at every 5000 mile interval. The flash period gets longer as you approach the latch.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

I change my own oil and have to reset the "MAIN REQ" after each change.

-Select your odometer to the current reading (not the trip reading).

-Press and hold the odometer button and

-Turn the key to "ON" and you should see the reset on the odometer after a few seconds.

The instruction is also on the maual.

Reply to
todd

Thanks. The light is to alert of an oil change which I did 2,500 miles ago. Finally found this (how to erase the MAINT REQ) buried in the manual. The Toyota 2006 manual is about 500 pages and has a poorly constructed index. It is about time auto makers supply searchable pdf manuals!

Reply to
Phisherman

You're welcome. Thats the only thing I can remember because I do the oil change regularly. However, I can never remember the sequence for setting the wireless lock/horn sound function on my Tundra. I hate to announce to the world whenever I lock the door. And for my wife's siena, I cant remember how to reset the air pressure warning after installin new tires!

Reply to
todd