Manual transmission expected life?

I have a 1989 Toyota truck, ext. cab, V-6, 2-WD. I had to replace the clutch at 102,000 miles. Now I have 160,000 miles. Any idea how many miles on average will the original manual transmission last (city & long distance driving)? Is it true that this engine is a "non interference" type, that is if the distributor belt fails there would be no damage to the engine? Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene

my 85 2x2 22R powered truck has 240,000 on original tranny, I flush the lube every 30K miles, as well as the differential lube. Only problem so far is a leaky rear seal of the tranny where the spline of the drive shaft connects, not to be confused with the engine rear seal. I'm on my

2nd replacement clutch.
Reply to
Tacoma Dude

Thanks for the reply. Gene