Mildew smell inside door panels, Tundra '03

Hello,

I figured out where that mildew smell was coming from, its inside the doors! I've used a long plastic ty-wrap (wire-ty) to push up into the four drain slots under each door. It is completely free on both, no clogs or water draining. If the windows are 'up', no smell. If the windows are 'down', the smell is there. Could there be something else blocking or harboring water to create this bad smell? The AC drain is not the culprit. If you smell inside the two rubber window seals at the top of each door with the window down, phew! Please help.

Best regards,

RG

Reply to
RG

Still under warranty, right? Go scream at the dealer.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I was hoping to remedy this myself. Ideas anyone?

Best regards,

RG

Reply to
RG

"RG" wrote

Tried spraying it down with lysol? Is the fiberboard backing to the door panel mildewed? I'd pull the panels and look if I were you. Mayby chuck some baking soda in there while you're at it :)

Reply to
Patrick Weaver

Reply to
Brad Coon

Get a life, will ya? I didn't mean he should LITERALLY scream at the dealer.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Well, gee, you could go to your local janitor's supply store, tell them you have mildew and need a cleaner that will not harm (list door materials) and then disassemble the doors....

I'm very curious as to why you want to fix this yourself. The dealer has techs who can take apart a door and reassemble as good as new. It may not be mildew or mold but some animal that died, etc. Also the dealer can inspect the door to find out what went wrong & fix (for free!!) if something is wrong in the current door.

You got a Toy so you have many years of DIY. Why start now if you don't have to?

-paul

Reply to
Paul Cassel