Motors available in Toyota Trucks.

Purely out of curiousity Im wondering what varieties of donks the Yota trucks come in in the States.

We get the 2.7 VVti and the V6 4Litre plus a few diesel varieties.

Thats about it for the Hilux Pickup (Tacoma equivelent I think) range. Do you guys and gals get any more variety in motors available?

Scotty

Reply to
Scotty

On the contrary, we have less. No Toyota trucks in the US are sold with diesel engines. It is a tragedy on par with 9/11.

Reply to
Will

Agreed.

Reply to
Dave

I agree it sucks, as I'd love something along the lines of a 3 liter turbo diesel in my Tacoma.

But...

I live near NYC and I'm a pilot. I think putting the lack of availability of a certain engine on par with thousands of deaths in NYC, Washington, and Pennsylvania on 9/11, (as well as on both sides since!) is not at all funny, cool, glib, suave, or whatever else you may think it is... Lots of innocent folks died a horrendous death by simply going to work that day. It's just wrong to compare that to being able to buy a specific ENGINE in a pickup truck! Please don't do that.

If you don't understand, just think if you, a member of your family, a co-worker, friend, etc... worked in the WTC, the Pentagon, were a New York cop, firefighter, or EMS tech on the scene. or were a member of the flight crews of any of those aircraft, or had even simply booked a ticket on any of those flights as a passenger...

Or, maybe you, a member of your family, a co-worker, friend, etc... is a member of one of the many military units from many nations that have been involved in the war that ensued.

Thank you.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Wish we did. I would sure like a diesel. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Scotty- Just wondering, what diesels do you guys have? I remember my friends dad had an 1987 with a 2.4L (I think) diesel. It was a great little engine, would hope to see some more modern-day counterparts, even if not in the us.

Reply to
Chas

From memory heres the list of donks available: In the Hilux range

2.4 Diesel 2.4 Turbo D 2.0 Petrol 2.7 Petrol 2.8 Diesel 3.0 Diesel 3.0 Turbo D 3.0 Petrol V6 3.4 Petrol V6 4.0 Petrol V6 Thats current and old versions.
Reply to
Scotty

Nice list, the first question that came to my mind was are any of the diesel vs petrol engines mounted the same in the trucks therefore simplifying a swap? I've read that you can get diesel engines and parts for them through the toyot supplier to the mines in Northern Canada.

hmmm,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

All interchangeable, fuel line and Radiator is the some of the small changes required.

Reply to
Scotty