My New Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab

I just purchased my first truck ever and naturally it was a Toyota, (my ninth Toyota vehicle purchase in a row). I traded in a 2001 Echo with 96000 miles on it, (can you believe I got $6k on the trade?!).

I got an '02 Tacoma Double Cab 4 door, SR5, chrome exterior, 4x4, V6, Automatic. It has 30K miles on it, but it looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. He also tricked it out quite a bit with a dual chrome tipped exhaust system with a performance muffler, brite diamond metal crossover tool box, and brite diamond metal bed rail covers. These look really nice with the Gold paint color of the Tacoma along with the chrome bumpers and chrome nerf bars. It also has a plastic bed liner, the tailgate bed extension, and a power rear sliding window. It also has dark window tint all around, vent shades, and a bug deflector installed.

I got a great deal in the middle of one of the hurricanes here in Florida when the dealer had virtually no sales for the day and no customers coming in, (everyone was evacuating!). With the tool box installed, there's not a lot of bed space left on the double cabs, so the tailgate extension comes in handy. I don't haul much anyway.

I love the Tacoma! I can't believe I waited this long to finally get one. I am experiencing the "axle wrap" problem when stopping and which shocked me the first time it happened. Now that I understand what it is, I wondered if I should have it fixed by the dealer since it's still under factory warranty with only 30k miles? What do you guys think?

Reply to
bullrider

It is very common on Tacomas. The dealer will say it is normal. My extended cab has it also. Make sure you grease the driveshaft at every oil change. The grease helps by cushioning the movement of the splines inside the slip yoke.

Reply to
BBTACO