My "TOY" HELP again!!!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies on my last posting about what could've been wrong with my truck. WELL, come to find out, my motor BLEW!!! Now, I am in search of a motor to put in my truck. We have looked in 3 states around here & can't seem to come up with anything. Something about the motor I have, being a special model & they are not made anymore. I am hoping one of you can HELP me find what I NEED! Here is the truck I have:

1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX 2.4L manual trans. 4 cyl

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sincerely, Jules =)

Reply to
Kylie--

If you want to upgrade I saw a 3VE on E-bay for $2100. Also search for Toyota crate engines through google.. They go for around 1800 come from Japan with about 35K on them.

Tony

Reply to
1992 Toyota Xcab

Is it a 22re motor? You can find rebuilt ones all over the net from around $1430 and up. Plus, unless the block got ruined the 22re can be rebuilt pretty easily. Depending on how crazy you want to get, you can go stock for cheap or modify them for upwards of 150hp+ . However, that starts running into big $$ fast ;>) What defines "BLEW!"? Headgasket, bearings?

Chris whitewall junkie Mfinja's Hot Wheels with WhitewallsAll Small Wheels Error Cars

Reply to
Whitewall Junkie

And also figure out why it "BLEW" and fix that problem before dropping a new engine in there. I had an engine blow a HG and crack a head, it was replaced with a rebuilt engine and that one went out within a year due to a clogged radiator. Replaced the radiator and the engine has been running nice and cool ever since.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Thanks for all the replies! What I was told was that...My anti-freeze coolant leaked into my oil causing the motor to "blow". My uncle is the owner of the garage & he is the only one working on it, but we can't find a new motor as of yet. I can get a new one for approx. $2000, so I was told. I will find out more specific details & post more soon. I guess whatever kind of motor that I have is rare due to the fact of it being fuel injection. (yes, whatever that means)

Thanks again for your "help"...I'll be back =)

Jules

Reply to
Kylie--

Special model and not made any more? That's BS --- that very same engine was used 84 thru 95. True some were carb'd (22R) and others FI (22RE). (22REC is the CA model). The engine blocks are identical - so the heads and FI stuff could be swapped from yours to the 22R. Suspect they are hard to find simply cuz they last forever. The only special model was the

22RTEC --- the turbo charged one in 86-88 (the link below is incorrect on the model years for the turbo). Check below for specs and years used:.

Below is source for rebuild long blocks in TX - Preminum Std core TY-2367 TOYOTA (22R-RE) '85-'95

989.95 849.95 575.00
Reply to
Wolfgang