Need some legal advice on my Toyota

A Co-worker did make a good point. That the truck could be a repo or bankrupt vechcle. He said, it takes alot of paper to get the title. So maybe it's being delayed. Could be the reason for the run around.

Reply to
Brian

No. If that were the case, the dealer likely wouldn't have full possession of it, or at the very least wouldn't show the truck until he had possession of the title.

Or.......would be a complete idiot and smarmy to do so.

This thread is either a great troll or a group exercise in overcoming denial.

"Lawyer".

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

If you've signed nothing, not a title transfer, intent to buy agreement, contract, lease, agreement to provide insurance or anything else at all, then technically you could just drive the new truck back to the dealer and drop it off - preferrably at night and have a friend drive you home. You might also consider a letter saying something like "Thank you for the opportunity to do business with your company, but considering I have received no response from my repeated attempts to contact you I can only deduce that you are disinterested in coming to an arrangement with me. Your lack of communication has required me to take my business elsewhere."

If the dealer finally calls and tells you it's time to sign the paperwork, you could refuse and tell them that you don't have the truck - they do, and you are under no obligation to purchase any vehicle and there's no paperwork to prove otherwise. If they mention the usage and mileage you put on the Tacoma, inform them that you were under the impression that the vehicle was being loaned to you pending an arrangement with them, but since they failed to contact you in a reasonable amount of time (30 days) you were forced to conclude that they didn't want to do business with you - and thank you very much.

If they mention the money they spent paying off your old truck, tell them again thank you very much but they were under no obligation to pay even one penny toward the Chevy if they didn't have a contract or a purchase agreement. It was very considerate of them to pay the truck off for you but you have no earthly idea why they would do something as silly as that. Every minute you hang on to that Tacoma makes it harder for you to get out of this problem and makes the dealer's hand that much stronger. Time is on their side if you keep the truck, and possession = intent.

Be prepared to go to court (i.e. - get an lawyer), but stick with the story that you had no contract, signed nothing, and they gave every impression of not wanting to do business with you despite your best attempts to contact them and make an arrangement (you may have to pull your phone bills to prove you called them).

Good luck, you're going to need it - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race