New power antenna mast and gear strip come apart

Help! I got 3 new power antenna mast on ebay. They had good instructions on the first 2 and no big deal getting out the broken piece of strip gear. Th e problem is when I feed the strip in after turning the radio off it rips o ff the brass piece connecting the nylon strip gear to the mast. The brass s tays on the nylon but pulls it apart at the mast. This happen on 3 masts. D o I have to go to the Toyota dealer and buy an OEM mast? Thank for any help

Reply to
deanthebikeman