New Tacoma prices

I'm looking at trying to buy a new "Plain Jane" standard cab Tacoma. So far the local dealers are more interested in wasting my time. Anyone know a good dealer somewhere near Tucson? Or are all Toyota dealers beyond reach?

What about somewhere between Tucson and St. Louis? Could fly out and drive it back.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Not in my area.

Have your tried a buying serice, like Cars Direct, Costco, etc...?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Have you tried ordering one locally?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes, in Tucson and Phoenix. They act like there are fifteen buyers for every truck they have. But, they have lots trucks. By the way, I looked at a Tundra on one of those ramps they put them on so you can see underneath. Lots of good and bad to see.You should take a look. The oil pan and sump is really different.

Had the same problem buying my 04 CTD Dodge. Ended up buying at Royal Gate Dodge in St. Louis. Spent a day in Phoenix, day in San Diego, and lots of time on the net. No one would deal or even get serious about a deal. The sales manager at Jim Click Dodge told me he didn't deal with people that had "internet" prices:) My cousin in St. Louis called a Dodge dealer I worked at in the late 60's. (King Dodge) Got nowhere and lucked into Royal Gate.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Seriously. Costco is what, $25 to join?

Reply to
B A R R Y

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:01:19 -0700, Big Al spat out the following (in article ):

Stay away from the dealers in Tucson. Precision charges full list if you custom order, and the people at Desert Toyota are genuine lying scumbags. Jim Click is the antichrist. Go to Autoexecutives, an auto broker on Oracle near Magee. I got my Tacoma for $5000 less than what Precision would sell one for, and $500 less than the sleazeballs at Desert Toyota would quote, even though they lied and said they could get the package I wanted from Phoenix the next morning, hoping instead to sell me a truck they had on the lot.

Autoexecutives orders exactly the truck you want with exactly the options you want and has the truck delivered right to their office, you can go down and pick up the keys and drive it away. The best deal and the most hassle free car buying experience I've ever had.

Desert Guy

Reply to
Desert Guy