No more Driving Lights

2004 Toyota Tundra

finally disconnected the daytime running lights - WOW I like the truck even better now. I wish Toyota would simply put a switch for those damm things instead of making me have to physically disconnect them.

Reply to
JACK

I'm just curious, why do you dislike them so much?

Reply to
Dean

For instance, My family and neighbors each year go out for the nights of lights christmas tour. We all pile in the bed of the truck and drive through the display. With the lights of the truck on, people honk at us because we are blinding them. Thats just one reason. Thats why I wish there was an override switch. But instead, I just disconnected them.

Reply to
JACK

__ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

I hate driving lights you know how many times I seen people driving with them at night.

Reply to
Jamie Mello

FWIW:, ther's a small panel lower right in front of the shift. You can place a rocker switch there and where you cut the lead, splice in wires to the switch.

Only caveat is that if you switch them off, you mush set the switch "ON" before restarting the truck for them to come on as 'normal'.

"Arold \"Al\" Green" found these unused words:

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Since most vehicles have the DRLs, why are you one of the few with lights on when viewing Christmas lights? How are the other vehicles shutting them off?

Reply to
Sam in Savannah

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

also a small note that where I live (BC) and probubly other places, it is illegal to drive without DRLs in the day.

Stephen

Reply to
Toshi38

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" found these unused words:

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Is that for cars -=equipped=- with DDL or -=ALL=- cars, eg must always turn on lights?

In any case, 4x4ing in the desert where the regular headlights are a problem (roll bar or cab top lights - if dusk/night), not a benefit. Fog, with proper low position lamps, etc. are cases where you might want them off and

-=not=- be in any 'violation'.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Yep, its really easy. Under the hood, locate the battery. Now in between the battery and the side firewall you will find a grey electrical connector. Its attachted to the firewall. Simply disconnect it. Thats it.

I went to the magical nights of lights here in Atlanta last night, and finally didn't have to have everyone flashing theyre lights at me to get me to turn mine off. It was wonderful.

Jack Atlanta, GA

Reply to
JACK