oil capacity a mystery

Why can't they just tell you what the oil capacity for the toyota's are. I looked all through the book and can't find it. If it's in there it must be in a wierd place.

Reply to
tdubya

Year, Make and Model?

tdubya wrote:

Reply to
Neil

I've always found it in back of the owners manual - once ya know engine code it has refill/refill with filter capacities.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Should be under the heading "specifications". Remember when that section used to have stuff like gap, dwell, torque #s, pressures, etc? I was doing some work on my buddies old bimmer the other day, and his owners manual had a friggin fold-out wiring diagram. I guess now they have to use that space to explain rear view cameras and seat heater controls.

Reply to
qslim

A better question might be: why does Toyota promulgate refill capacities at all if the service departments are going to ignore them?

Reply to
Les Moore