Oil Filter Option[s] for Tacoma, 2003

Hello All!

When I had my Saturn, I discovered that there were about a half a dozen aftermarket filters that would fit. Two of which were larger in capacity and filtration area.

Are all filter bosses on the engine blocks the same, regardless of engine size? I've got a 2.4 in my SR-5.

I'm not interested in relocating the oil filter however, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket filter[s] that offer more filtration and oil capacity that will fit in the stock location on the four banger?

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Alain

Reply to
A. Pismo Clam

Wix-51516

that should do it, oversized quality filter that fits...

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Hard to answer. Nobody know exactly what the filtration rating is of the Toyota filters, so nobody knows what's better.

I know all the suppositions, but don't assume that a larger filter is superior. If it doesn't filter as well, you lose. I know that the stock filter is small, but I've never heard of anyone demostrating that the filter fills with junk and is inadequate.

I'd stick with a stock Toyota filter, or maybe Purolator Pure One.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

the Dana WIX filters were proven to be superior to most off the shelf items, including many of the oem brands... this includes a battery of tests such as seals, filtration and consistency....

Reply to
Kryptoknight