Old Toyota Truck Ad

- when men were men and cheap they drovethese :)

Reply to
C. E. White

At least you could work on the darn things back then. Given a choice, I would rather have to do regular tune ups than pay for a lot of crap I don't need or want in a truck.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

"Anyolmouse" found these unused words:

Is that from Kelly's Blue Book ?

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

And look what group you're in! :)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Pogo in his John Boat -- in the Swamp.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

The old RN Hilux with the 8R engine was one TOUGH cookie.

Reply to
clare

More importantly look at the types WHO hangs in this NG. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The engine might have been tough but the body, no so much. I owned a Toyota truck back in 1957, but it was hidden under a Toy body that Toyota sold it as a car. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They were all mounted on the fenders at one time...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I remember those trucks. I never could figure out why the lights were mounted on top of the fenders. Datsun/Nissan had no problem mounting them in the grill.

Reply to
Michael Golden

mounting them

Some were mounted on pylons off of the side of the hood.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

The HEADLIGHTS were often mounted off the side of the radiator/grill

- never off the side of the hood, but the marker lights, and later directional signals, were fender mounted for many years - and you still see them mounted that way on several of the large over-the-road trucks today.

Reply to
clare

Picky, Picky--- ;-}

Reply to