online company -- www.rockstomper.com LLC

Hey everyone..

I ordered some engine mounts for my 22RE from this site:

They look really wonderful and indestructible... however, I have yet to receive them and I ordered them at least 6 weeks ago...

I'll admit, I forgot to send postage at first (which wasn't entirely my fault...). I called the guy up and asked "how much for a set of your engine mounts... $75 like it says on the site?" and the guy said "Yeah, that's right.." I said, "So, I can send you 75 bucks even and you'll send me a set of engine mounts?" "Yes," was the reply.

So I sent $75 bucks. 2 weeks later, the guy still hadn't received my money order.. I asked if I needed to send more money for postage and of course, he said, "yeah, you do... 10 bucks will cover UPS shipping". I decided to wait until he got my first money order... that was another week. (meanwhile, I dealt with someone else -- also from Colorado -- on Ebay and had the whole transaction completed in less than a week)

So... two more weeks passed after mailing money for postage. I called again.... "Oh yeah, I believe I saw that order go out the other day.. it should be there in 3 - 5 days..." ... but he didn't give me a tracking number or anything. And that was two weeks ago.

Anyone else dealt with this company?? I could have carved engine mounts out of a steel billet with a dremel tool in the time it's taken to get this far along in the transaction. The guy doesn't answer email and barely ever is his phone un-busy during work hours.

I don't want to talk $hit about the company, as I'm sure the product is superior to stock engine mounts, but COME ON... wtf should take six weeks about this whole deal??? I just heard the UPS truck go by for the day and I didn't hear anyone knock on the door or find a slip on the door. This is really pissing me off.

Reply to
Celica Dude

I've purchased a few items from Rockstomper with no problems. Try contacting them again, ask for Scott, he's the owner and get things straightened out. Also, consider mailing your money orders via Priority Mail (2-3 days delivery time and you can get free delivery confirmation/tracking if you use the on-line postage service; Click-n-Ship).

Reply to
Roger Brown

contacting them again, ask for Scott, he's the owner and get things straightened out. Also, consider mailing your money orders via Priority Mail (2-3 days delivery time and you can get

service; Click-n-Ship).

ok thanks Roger, I'll try calling again today.

Reply to
Celica Dude

While not an excuse, I imagine they could have been busy with the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, that was held in April.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Jeep Safari in Moab, that was held in April.

Honestly, that's a good enough excuse, but I would have appreciated if he said "hey, it might take a bit longer because of this event, etc.." No biggie. I called and talked to him just now and he tracked the package. It is in the local distribution center and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow... so I guess I didn't wait long enough to gripe! :)

I can't wait for my mounts!! Going to try them in my Celica... OEM mounts are the same price or more... so I figured why not..

Reply to
Celica Dude

Many folks find running two poly mounts is a bit rough, lots of engine vibration. If that's the case, put the poly mount on the driver's side and keep a rubber mount on the passenger side. Still lets things flex a but not so much vibration.

Reply to
Roger Brown

I'll keep that under consideration... only the driver's mount is broken anyway at the moment..

Reply to
Celica Dude