"Paint Flaking Off Bumper,04 Tacoma"

Several weeks ago I noticed paint was flaking off my front bumper,it's painted that god awful purplish color.Now it appears to have migrated to the rear bumper.I took it to the dealer and they took pictures of it to send to Toyota for evaluation to replace or repair.Has this happened to anyone else.Also just out of curiosity would I be able to upgrade to chrome for a discount,"probably not"

Ray,

Reply to
R.M.R.

I've had the gray front bumper replaced twice and the gray rear bumper replaced once on my 2001 Tundra. The dealer claims the fault is with the vendor that makes the bumper but I don't think so as I've seen quite a few do this. I negotiated like crazy trying to get them to sub in a chrome or painted bumper and I pay the price difference but they wouldn't budge. Idiots kept saying if they did this then everyone would damage their bumper just so they could get a free chrome one. I told them I didn't ask for a free one but to pay the price difference. Due to a SNAFU when replacing the rear they agreed to paint it the white body color on their dime and kept whining to me about how it was costing them $275 to paint it body color. They refused to paint the front bumper at the same time unless I paid $275 even though the gray paint was going bad so I paid a friend to paint the front bumper, cost appx $125. Dealer I deal with is Kenny Kent Toyota in Evansville, IN and I dealt with the area or district rep on the last one or I probably wouldn't have gotten the rear painted free even with the SNAFU. This is the only trouble I've had with Toyota and Kenny Kent but it did piss me off. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92