Parking Brake warning light problem

My parking brake warning light on the dash stays on but is very dim when the parking brake is off. You don't notice it during the day, it's only bright enough to see at night. The brake is all the way off and the switch is working fine. It will get dimmer once in a while and then go off for a while and then come back on again very dim. I'm guessing a bad ground is the problem.

Is there a common problem area? Where do I start?

Reply to
DB

hey bro your brake fluid is low... try topping it off and tell us if it fixes it

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh

yes, the brake-fluid might be low, and check if there are any oil streaks on your tires, that are indicative of the brake-fluid leak/loss, which might have caused this as it was in my case, or else normal wear and tear.

Reply to
raveen.b

Sorry, I should have mentioned the fluids were OK. Fluid is at full (at max line), no leaks or problems with the brakes. Any other ideas? I guess it's possible the cap and sensor on top of the fluid reservoir is faulty. Any way to check it?

Reply to
DB

thats a bit outta my league... might have a garage just check it out.... might not be anything worth worrying over

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh