I've got an electronic 1985 Factory Service Manual that I could email you; however, I was not able to find where it shows how to remove the PCV valve.

If interested in the manual, you or others can contact me here:

"Chas" wrote: I (unsuccessfully) tried to replace my pcv valve on my 1982 22R for the second time today. I had a hot engine, hot day (90°), oil around the gasket, vice grips on the valve, and a crow-bar prying up, no luck. It just will not budge. Turning it while pulling does not help either. Any ideas on how to get it out? I think i may be staring down the barrel of valve cover removal. Chas

Reply to
jp2express

I have a service manual- but it just says it should pull out. If your manual has anything else, please email me @ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Chas

#1: Make sure you have a new grommet on hand before you start!

I had the same problem on my '88 22R. I finally used a hacksaw blade and cut the grommet (I cut it parallel to the valve cover). I was then able to use a small pair of wire cutters to break the grommet in half and remove the PCV valve. I managed to fish out one part of the old grommet, but the other half is still in there (two years later) and hasn't caused any problems.

The grommet got so hard over the years, cutting was the only to remove the valve.

Reply to
TOM

Thanks tom, I am going to do the same, except I am going to remove the valve cover because it is leaking oil and needs a new gasket anyway. Thanks all.

Reply to
Chas

It was too big: 60 MB.

If you or anyone else on here would like to download it, I'll keep it on here for a week or so before deleting it:

the link, select "Save As..." and save it to your "My Documents" folder.

~Joe

Reply to
jp2express

Worst case scenario: removing the valve cover on a 22r is not exactly a huge deal. Heck, it's a good excuse for a valve adjustment.

Reply to
Will

Thanks, Joe. I was looking for a FSM for my pickup. I used to have a copy, but could not find it on any of my HDs.

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I just read your alternator post.

I came here to copy the link to the service manual and send that to you, but it looks like you've already done your homework.

Glad it helped! ~Joe

"Joseph W> Thanks, Joe. I was looking for a FSM for my pickup. I used to have a

Reply to
jp2express

Thanks anyways!! There used to be poster from Nova Scotia, that would post links to Toyota related pages on the web. I was trying to find him, but the NG server only goes back a year.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

i had the same problem with a 22r from an 83 that I was rebuilding... it only takes like 2 min to pull the 4 nuts off and take off the valve cover, once its out just get a large punch and put it in the pcv valve and knock it out.... worked pritty good for me.... if your anywhere near victoria bc i've probubly got an extra valve cover or two if you wanna just buy a new one.

stephen

Reply to
Toshi38