Performance Friction Tundra Sequoia brake rotors.

Performance Friction tells me that if enough folks ask for them, they'll product high performance brake rotors for the Tundra and Sequoia...and any other vehicles where they get enough interest so they feel they'll make some money selling them.

Send them your emails that you want the rotors and that there is a great demand for a product this good. There are no really top-line rotors available. Powerslot and Powerstop are good, but not this good. I have no idea what the price will be, but I'd like to have them available so I can make the choice. Anything you email to PF is certainly not an order to buy, it is just telling their marketing department that a market exists for this product.

By the way, Performance Friction has just released their carbon metalic pads for the 2003+ Tundra, Sequioa, and post-TSB calipers. The industry standard designation for these pads is D976. PF's number is 0976.20. The same pads will soon be in AutoZone with their 9764 number. The pads for the early, smaller calipers are D812...just sub 812 for the 976 in the numbers above. There are very few premium brake pads available in the D976 size. Akebono has some (Tire rack is one source), and Porterfield has some (Wheeler's Off Road is one source).

My PF D976 pads are in the mail. When I get them on my Tundra I'll post my impressions.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

I really don't want to sound like a smartass but what is wrong with the stock rotors and pads and why would I want to replace them if they aren't defective or worn out?

Reply to
RG