PLEASE HELP: 1990 Toyota 22r 4 speed carburetor/ac problem

OK, i have a weard problem with my truck, i dont know anything about a toyota. When driving my truck it's always had this hesitation to it every now and then while driving at a steady speed. When first starting it the truck takes a short while to idle to it's normal, quite, smooth idle(maybe it's normal) I had a small cooling issue and took the t-stat out. I drove the truck down the road(fine) turn on the ac..{when the truck is running and you turn the ac on, the truck will idle up/down all by itself when at a light/or just sitting??}..and got to the store turend the ac off( not truck) I go to leave and the truck just started running really badly, sometimes you can get the truck to move with the accel. pressed/featherd just a bit, it will not run when pressing it normaly, and the only way i got it back home was running it WOT(wide open) Please, Please, anything, anyone, it's my only car, and my DD. thanx in advance Jonathan Smith

Reply to
jsmith93blazer

I'm sure there are folks in this forum who could offer useful advice but the story is quite confusing. So let's try to untangle it. As of now, with all electrical equipment turned off (e.g. air conditioner) and with the engine cold (i.e. having sat overnight), let's determine the following. (1) Will the engine start? If so, then (2) Will the engine run normally while cold? If so, then (3) Will the engine warm up to normal operating temperature and maintain that temperature? If so, then (4) Will the engine idle smoothly at a constant, normal speed after it has reached normal operating temperature? With succinct answers to the above, we may began to understand where the problem(s) lie. Thanks. Al

Reply to
al