Power antenna replacement on 99 Tacoma, Help please..

Hi everyone,

I have a 99 Tacoma Limited which means it came with a power antenna from the factory. Well it finally gave out so I ordered one off of Ebay trying to avoid the 140.00 the dealer wanted. My question is it has 3 wires a ground and then 2 that connect to the radio. The manual shows a relay for the antenna that came stock located near the radio. Will I need to connect this antenna before the relay or after?

Thanks,

Scott..

Reply to
Scott

I have a 93 and my antenna motor is still going strong. I did have to replace the mast 8 years ago. It was quite easy, but very messy. What brand antenna did you buy? Harrada is the OEM for Toyota, I believe.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I can't say for sure, but would guess after. Just hook it up like the factory antenna. Did your moto go completely belly up? There isn't much to them, so that would be strange. Take it apart when you get it out of the truck and check it out.

I have a 1992. When I had to replace the mast, which require disassembly of the motor housing, It required pulling the dashboard out because the cable was wrapped around the frame support (a round bar) behind the dash. It simply plugged into the radio and relay behind the radio.

Reply to
crashq