Problems with my compass..

Hi all,

I have a 99 4runner LTD. When taking off one of those car tags off my rearview mirror last night it reset my compass on my rearview mirror. I have no idea how to configure the compass again and I hope someone can help me out. I unplugged it and plugged it back in just to make sure that the plug was tight. Sometimes the display shows a "C," but this morning it showed

100%f/c. I do not believe I have a temperature option.

How do I get my compass working again? I noticed that when I hold the compass button down I can cycle 1 to 15. What is that for?

Thanks for any help.

LT

Reply to
Luniz

You chose what region on the globe you are. There should be a map in your handbook. If not, email me your location, and I will reply with the correct number. You also have to drive around in circles while holding your mouth just right.

Reply to
Jarius1

LOL.. thanks for the reply. I pieced together info off the net, but I still couldn't get the "C" for calibrate to come manually. It's like I had to wait for it to show up. Once it did, I did 2 circles and it fixed it!

Reply to
Luniz