Q: Will factory Tundra bed rail covers fit T100?

The previous owner of my '97 SR5 xtracab T100 ended up abusing the bed pretty significantly with his construction business. I bought an under-the-rail bedliner (price was right - $40), which hides a lot. The only thing still exposed are the top surface of the bed rails, which are also in pretty knarly condition (canopy mounting holes, dents, scratches).

Does anybody know if the plastic protective bed rail covers that come on the Tundra xtracabs will fit my T100's bed rails. FWIW, both truck beds have the stake holes, so will these line up? Lastly, how do the Tundra bed rails covers mount to the bed rails themselves?

Thanks a bunch, Matt

Reply to
Matt Kernal

I doubt they will fit. The bed size and shape is slightly different. The caps mount in a zillion holes punched in the rail... those of us with the rails would be left with FUGLY trucks if we tried to take them off.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

I haven't seen anything other than the full drop-in liner for the Tundras, and they won't fit because the width is different and the position of the fenders is off. But I'm sure that if you have a Line-X type place in your area they can help out with a drop-in. I gave them mine when I had the spray-in applied (out of my 97 T). Also, if you hit these forums and ask, lots of people have them to Give away, so long as you pick it up:

Brian

Reply to
Brian McCoy

zillion holes punched in the rail... 'nuff said, thanks Rich :-) Matt

Reply to
Matt Kernal

Thanks Brian. I think what you're saying is that you feel I should get an over-the-rail drop-in liner for my T (versus the under-the-rail unit I currently have) to cover the dents on my bed's rails. To arrive at the same end, I was just asking if the indivual bed rail caps that come on the Tundra would fit on my T?

Line-X would be great, but I'm afraid the dings would still be obvious, considering the condition of my bed/rails.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Kernal

To save the paint, I'd stay with the under-rail liner. You can get diamond-plate aluminum rail caps at auto parts stores that'll cover the dents, and the foam padding on the bottom will protect the paint.

I hate plastic bedliners.... they're murder on paint. I use a rubber floor pad. If I wanted more, I'd go with a complete spray-in and put the rubber mat on top of that.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer