Question about pickup gas tanks

Hi, I was wondering if anyone might know what the diff is with my gas tank according to the vin# compared to what seems to be standard for most pickups of the same specs.

I have:

89 pickup 4x4 ext. cab sr5, vin# jt4vn13g8k5011775

The VN13 seems to dictate what tank application is for my truck.

The online retailers i have checked all list tanks for vin#'s RN101, RN106, RN67 of that year and model. I have yet to find anyone listing a part for VN13.

Will these other tanks fit? How do I go about finding out what vin#'s might be compatable with mine?

Thanks for reading,

Brad

Reply to
bfreemannh

Just a thought: Some vehicles have larger gas tank options.

If this is an optional gas tank, other options should fit the same years.

FYI: My '86 Hi-Lux has RN55 in the VIN.

Is there anyth> Hi,

Reply to
jp2express

Brad -- I recentley went thru this

1st call your local toyota dealer , give them your vin# to find the matching tank, they'll let you know the right tank for your application. 2nd, was your vehicle made in the US or Canada 3rd I purchased a replacement steel tank for a whole lot cheaper than what you've seen on the net, e-mail me and I'll give you the company I bought it thru, matched up great to the original. ( I've got an 84' TOY 4x4 w/ extra cab).
Reply to
pacaguy