Question about problem Toyota Radio

I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna and the radio doesn't show a display. The only controls that work are the ones in the steering wheel. I can adjust volume/seek/mode from the steering wheel only. The display on the radio/cd itself does not show anything and none of the controls work. Is this a theft/security system related issue or is it a defective radio unit? Any ideas?

Reply to
okedokeoh

The rear LCD lamp has blown. Any decent audio shop can fix that if this is indeed your problem (90% sure) or the display has shagged itself and your up for a new radio so hope for teh blown lamp eh.

(You can also change the colour of the maps sometimes to suit your dash lighting colours.)

Reply to
Scotty