Question about Toyota bed extender for 2003 Tundra, and nerf bars

I bought a 2003 Tundra yesterday! It comes in on 9/6, but that does not deter me from already wanting stuff.

This is regarding the Toyota brand bed extender. If there is another, cheaper brand that fits the questions below, please let me know.

Does this extender remove easily (i.e. completely)? Does it lock in place when the tailgate is locked so it can't be stolen? Does it interfere with tonneau covers?

Also, I'd like to add nerf bars, but I do not know whether to get stainless, chrome, or chromed stainless or what the real differences are between them. Some say stainless yellows over time, others say chrome chips and rusts. What is the best? I see some stainless ones on eBay for good prices.

Reply to
Billy