Question on engine break-in..or not

I was looking at a 2004 4Runner today with the Nav unit for a very good price. However, it has about 100 miles on it. I test drove it and put about 5 of those miles on it. My only concern is that most of those miles are from being driven as a test drive. When I test drive a vehicle I am not worried about proper break-in and I'm sure most others aren't either. Should I worry about damage that could be done to an engine in 100 miles? I plan on getting a bumper to bumper 7yr/100K warranty on any vehicle I buy.

(I now have a three year old Acura TL with an engine being replaced at the dealers so I don't need any "extended warranties are not needed" notes :-) Fortunately I had an extended power train warranty or I'd be out a few grand - and the car was well cared for!)

Thanks for any quick advice.

Reply to
Geoge Pagliarulo

I wouldn't sweat the 100 miles --- hours of drivving at a steady speed is more harmful than short 5 mile test drives. Remember that the extended warranty is a big money maker for the dealer and the price is negotiable.

Reply to
Wolfgang

google will find you dealers that offer the genuine Toyota Warranty on substantial discount.

Reply to
dirty rat 753