question: water dripping from under the front?

I have a 2003 Tacoma V6 Double Cab. I've noticed water dripping from under the engine after I've parked the car. It's definately noticeable as a little puddle forms on the driveway. The engine temperature during driving is ok as indicated on the gauge. I'm wondering if its condensation forming after the car is parked from driving with the AC on? However I've still noticed the condensation even when driving with the fan on only and not the AC. Is this normal or am I looking at something serious? Thanks in advance for your response.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

If it is water then it is most likely condensation from the AC. But are you sure it's water?

Reply to
Shinnokxz

yes. water. taste to make sure?

Reply to
SoCalMike

Hi

Yes it is water (I felt it and tasted) but should this condensation happen even if the AC is off and only the fan is on?

thanks again..............Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yeah, it's normal. Just look at a class of water on a hot day. The glass isn't running an engine or anything, but it sweats a bunch!

Reply to
Shinnokxz

Steve, yes, AC is always on if your in defrost or defrost/floor mode, even if the button is off.

Reply to
MDT Tech®